Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful For My Attitude of Gratitude

No doubt life is happier with an attitude of gratitude.

I know that the First Thanksgiving was tinged with a somewhat less noble color than time has painted on this American holiday, and that the Native Americans who gave earlier colonists a reason to be grateful had little to be grateful for as time unfolded.

But if there is a silver lining to that shameful story, it is that this otherwise rather greedy nation has a unique holiday that reminds us to count our blessings.

The blessings I count today are so numerous, it would take far too long to commit them to a blog post; my heart and cup overflows with friendship and a loving family – including my dog -- health, abundance and forgiveness.

I am, above all, grateful to know that there is immense power when my thoughts dwell on that which I appreciate. As long as I am paying attention to what I am grateful for, I am certain of creating a happy life, at least in that moment. When I do find myself unable to take my mind off something that bothers me, at least I know to look for the mirror, to see how I created the situation and to find what I can learn from it and so be thankful for the lesson.

Thank you for everything. Yes, I mean you! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

0 comments: