Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fredericksted and Surfing the Leeward Side


I had a lovely Sunday brunch (Florentine Omelet with spinach, cream cheese and Portobello mushroom)at the Blue Moon cafe overlooking the Fredericksted pier. I strolled the pier afterwards which offers a great view of the fort and the Strand.

It's hard to believe that such a lovely place is so quiet ... I had the pier and the Strand almost entirely to myself.





After wandering around the town's picturesque arcades, I stopped in on an exhibition opening at the Caribbean Arts Center and then drove up the west coast and visited the factory ruins at Butler Bay and watched surfers.





















From there I drove through the Caldonia "rain forest" -- St. Croix has seven eco systems in its 84 square miles -- and stopped off at a beach in Judith's Fancy on the north coast.

0 comments: