Friday, February 4, 2011

I Double Dog Dare You ...

... To Learn Something New Every Day!

A V7N Forum 30 Day Challenge

If we’re lucky, we learn something new every day, right? I suspect most of the time, we hear something new every day, but we don’t always learn it. I know I don’t.

So, I've joined the 30 day challenge posed by V7N’s Cricket Walker to pick up a new trick every day. Cricket, in case you don't know, is the admin of a very friendly webmaster/marketing forum. (By the way, if you have a business website and you would like to learn more about promoting it, forums are a terrific place to learn something new about SEO or social media networking every day!)

I have been studying Key West history casually for a few months now. I volunteer as a docent at the Oldest House in Key West on Thursday and Sunday afternoons, and I try to add a new fact or anecdote to my repertoire every week. So, I just have to acquire six more facts a week.

This is a perfect time for me; I’m just between novels, and instead of picking up a new book, I will stick to the non-fiction I have in the house. I have several back issues of National Geographic, I’m reading a couple of books about pirate history, and more on early Key West.

I don’t promise to post here about it every day, but I will share in the V7N forum thread: Learn Something New Every Day Challenge.

If you’re interested in joining the challenge, check out Cricket’s post on it. It’s starts Feb 8th, but you can jump in any time. I promise you'll love the community you find at V7N – it’s the friendliest webmaster forum online! And think of the interesting people you will meet, and the new things you will learn reading what others share. Of course, you don’t have to join the challenge to follow what the participants share every day.

But I double dog dare you to join the challenge!

0 comments: